outer bearing races swap Hey great site New here

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Guess I was thinking we shared common part numbers.

Providing there is some kind of consistency here, ex. 05 KDX220 to a 98 KX forks if one does not require knurling, then all should not require knurling.

I was thinking some of us required knurling on the same setups that others did not require knurling, I hope that is not the case, but I can not think of any case where this has occured yet!
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

okay got it to fit the bearing will have to be 47 mm outside ( same as kdx)
with a 15 mm wide bearing surface (same as kdx)
But a 30 mm shaft inside diameter (kx shaft) I checked that out after reading the post and removed mine and they say they have three bearings with that diamention in stock! Going monday to match up taper with my kdx's top bearing! they said if you take the bearing with it's outside diameter tapering down to its inside diameter they should be the same but since i'm giong to a different size inner diameter I may need to change the outer race which they can possibly get as well as a slip in this may raise the nut up the shaft a little dont know if this will be a problem! let ya know! if it does work. :partyman: I may order a few sets and ebay em or offer em here! :grin:
2006 kdx200,
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

>|QBB<[/url]
KDX220PHIL wrote: If the KDX tube is longer than the KX tube ( I think it may be) it may result in the steering stem cap nut not reaching the stem thread (lower one). I'll check this out as well.

For clarity the nut I am refering to is the 25mm hook nut not the 22mm steering stem nut.

maybe the upper as well!
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

let me know quick as i dont have the kx torn down yet!
2006 kdx200,
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

What's there to know? Yes, the KDX stem is longer than the KX.
Is the KX stem long enough to work? I don't know, but I doubt it.

There is not much to tearing the front end off your KX, placing the TT in your KDX and chcking to see where the threads end up. My KX stem is currently outside of a TT so I can not check without pressing it back in.
Good luck, keep us updated!