Another I'm on my way post...

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Lutz wrote: 2) The stem from the '94 KX125 was a very nice, tight press fit into the '95 KDX lower clamp. I ended up using some shim stock where the stem slips into the upper clamp to take up the slop. I also used two flat washers below the upper clamp give enough thread on the stem to get the nut tight.
I'm assuming this is backwards? It should be the 95 KDX stem pressed into the 94 KX125 triple clamp as a press fit without knurling correct?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Lutz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Lutz »

Sorry about that. You are correct, the 95 KDX stem was a good press fit into the 94 KX125 lower clamp. No knurling necessary. As I remember, it was between 5 and 10 tons to press the stem into the lower clamp.
Keep It Simple Stupid
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Anyone know the rough size of the OD of the KX Wheel bearings?

Morie, looking at my KDX wheel and measuring the hub collar the KX axel will not fit through the wheel unless they share the same OD and thickness on the bearings AND the hub collar is replaced with a KX collar providing it fits (KDX collar ID too small).

Who has calipers and a KX wheel they are willing to take apart and retrieve a few measurements? Any volunteers for the sake of saving money and trying different setups (Anyone replacing their KX bearings soon)? :grin: We need the OD and length of the KX hub collar of a 94-98 I think, and the Outer diameter and thickness of the bearing. I am willing to take my KDX wheel apart to compare measurements even though this is not the route I am going to take.

Come on now, not everyone at once :lol: .

*EDIT* oh yeah, I keep forgetting he has an 89 KDX. Must check part numbers.