Conversion is contagious 92 KDX

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
KanuckKDX

Conversion is contagious 92 KDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

I seached this forum and read bunches. I wasn't intersted in converting my front end, but now I am curious about the possibilities. I didn't find a simple answer to my question. forgive me if I missed it.

Can my '92 KDX be converted? What front ends do I want?

After reading the stickies I beleive I would need a complete front end - incuding brakes, matser cylinder etc.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Re: Conversion is contagious 92 KDX

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
KanuckKDX wrote:Can my '92 KDX be converted? What front ends do I want?

After reading the stickies I beleive I would need a complete front end - incuding brakes, matser cylinder etc.
I believe your frontend is almost identical to the newer models as far as fitment. Conversion should be pretty much the same. m0rie is using a top clamp from a 95 KDX on his.

The brake caliper and master cylinder from your KDX should work on the KX frontend but m0rie or Jason would know better than me.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Re: Conversion is contagious 92 KDX

Post by KDXer »

Indawoods wrote: m0rie is using a top clamp from a 95 KDX on his.
How would that work, just curious ?? The 98 KDX top clamp holes would be to small for KX fork legs, No ?? :? :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just comparing the KDX clamps... not converted.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

From what I can tell the 89-92 KDX front brake will not work with KX forks. I'll confirm that when I get a set of KX forks to check it against. The H series top clamp will work with the stock E series KDX forks and give you reversable rubber mounted bar clamps.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Can my '92 KDX be converted?
Yes.
What front ends do I want?
I'll not tell you what you want, but in general, the newer, the better.
From looking at a KDX200, pre-'93 caliper, and a few KX front brake calipers from various USD forks, I think you may need to go ahead and get the front brake system while you are at it. It would be more modern than what you have now, if that is any consolation.

Good luck with it, KanuckKDX. :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128