1995 cr125 fork swap!

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Hello everyone I recently acquired a complete(everything,triples brakes wheel axle bars etc )front end off of a 95 cr125 I am elated but work is keeping me from everything right now before I take time off to do this conversion its there any one who has done something similar? I searched but did not find a post about the same swap...
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Thanks for all the replies! j/k Anywho after a lot of research and a stroke of luck I found a website called all balls racing and according to their numbers (which checked out with my hopefuly accurate harbor freight caliper) there is a upper and lower bearing kit that will make this possible with just a spacer up top I'm going to :supz: :supz: order it tomorrow and post my results when I get them stay tuned!
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by Gotanubike »

Pics! Pics! Pics ! Pics!

so there is a bearing kit to swap over the CR triples + stem with just a shim spacer up top? Gnarly! Gotta love All-Balls
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

My parts just showed up I am beyond thrilled so far with my cheapo metric tape measure everything checks out the upper bearings fit snug on the stem(I don't have access to my press to mock up the lower) if this works I am going to be a walking infomercial for all balls....I am taking pics of everything and will post as it comes together tonight and tomorrow.
masterblaster

Re: 1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Just realised I have no clue how to post pics here will someone please give me directions how to do so...and when you do please explain it as you would to a Alzheimer down syndrome old person who just came top America and speaks poor English. In case y'all didn't gather I suck at interneting but if this works out love to share it with anyone it will help! I'm setup freaking excited please forgive my add
masterblaster

Post by masterblaster »

Got it bolted up today! This is a direct bolt on proposition!!!!I used one of the supplied washers on top of the bearing and one on top of the upper clamp everything is tight!!!! Spread the news o' the land the 95 cr125 triple clamps bolt up with the all balls kit. I will Mike the forks and give specs so y'all can see if another fork will bolt into this triple. A couple of downers now : the steering stops are not even close,the bars are moved toward the rear approximately 1/4inch and are solidly mounted,the headlight will require custom brackets to bolt up and the whole front of the bike ours up about 1 1\2 inch (I'm going to get bar risers and I'm putting in a kx shock more on that later) in short this is not perfect but it is bolt on except for drilling and tapping the steering stops once I get the shock on I'll give a ride report
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Good to hear about the forks!
masterblaster wrote:Just realised I have no clue how to post pics here will someone please give me directions how to do so...and when you do please explain it as you would to a Alzheimer down syndrome old person who just came top America and speaks poor English. In case y'all didn't gather I suck at interneting but if this works out love to share it with anyone it will help! I'm setup freaking excited please forgive my add
I tried to reply yesterday telling you how to post pics, but I was on my phone and it wasn't working right.

Create an account at Photobucket, or any other image hosting site. Upload the pics from your phone, or computer, I like to use the Photobucket app. Then go to your computer, find the pic you want, click on the little gear in the right corner, select share links, then copy the "direct" link.

Now click on the box in the top middle of the text box here that says "Img", and past the code in between the Img tags.

It's really a lot easier then it sounds.

Jonathan
masterblaster

Post by masterblaster »

Thanks GI Joe I will do so when I get home from work
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Dang it!I'll have my 11 year old help me tomorrow...
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

masterblaster wrote:Dang it!I'll have my 11 year old help me tomorrow...
You were close...
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

For PB just click on the "Direct" link, and it will automatically be copied to your clip board. So you can paste it right in.
masterblaster

Post by masterblaster »

You rock GI Joe will do
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Last edited by masterblaster on 02:16 am Jan 06 2015, edited 1 time in total.
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Last edited by masterblaster on 02:12 am Jan 06 2015, edited 1 time in total.
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Last edited by masterblaster on 02:11 am Jan 06 2015, edited 1 time in total.
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

Last edited by masterblaster on 02:10 am Jan 06 2015, edited 1 time in total.
masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

masterblaster

1995 cr125 fork swap!

Post by masterblaster »

The first couple pics show the triples side by side don't look at anything but the stems and see how incredibly close the bearing surfaces are on the stem...that's why this is a bolt up with the all balls kit. The stem on the cr is much beefier so the bearings supplied have a larger i.d. but everything els is the same on the bottom the top (which comes with its own race is at steeper angle but same o.d. as stock this came together just like a stem bearing replacement but with an additionale washer on top of the bearing (the top bearing sits further in the frame than stock) cant say enough good things about all balls the bearings were quality and everything needed was supplied. This was an easy swap once I was able to use my neighbors press I don't recommend hammering the lower off the cr stem as its aluminum and the bearings are steel you can mess the stem up pretty easy. A couple days after I got this together I took it for a ride with the stock rear shock and it was like riding a stretched chopper! I got a kx 250 shock in there now and im playing with the sag to find a compromise for the elevated front but so far so good this bike is now race worthy I can go much much faster on the same trails and the front is now very predictable I could not achieve this with the stock fork because the rebound was so wacky I like my fork to pack up over sucsessive bumps so I can skim across the top I could not get the stock fork to do this no matter what weight of fork oil I used the rear shock was a much smaller improvement in valving but leveled the bike out for those worried about chain angle don't...stock it is wrong (thats why with the throttle on the rear end packs up over whoops regardless of rebound settings, a good thing in my opinions) jFWIW I only did all this because I am going to motocross the bike once a week and im kinda fast this ruins all of the bikes easy to ride better than a ktm in the gnarly stuff appeal if I wanted a trail bike I would revalve and respring both ends immediately since now it only works well at race pace.