uh, oh! won a bid.. and a Scotts question.

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

uh, oh! won a bid.. and a Scotts question.

Post by Colorado Mike »

Looks like I'm committed now, I won these last night: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... otohosting . They'll go with the axle I won a few weeks ago. Now I just need the trees, a wheel, spacers, and probably a ton of little doo dads that'll run me to the poor house. No turning back though. Is there anything I need to know about getting my Scotts damper moved over? Mine is mounted USD, with the clamp-on rod with the stock forks.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Can't comment on the Scott's but NICE forks !!! :supz: :partyman:
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Thanks Kay Dee, I emailed the dude and asked about the spacers. He's got them , so that's one more thing off the list.
Mike

'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

About the Scott's... It's just an adjustment thing after you get a new top barclamp mount for the KX forks. The angle is different, you will see once you have the forks mounted. Just get one for a computer too.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

bastids, I was hoping to avoid that. Oh, well, maybe I can make the switch to tapered bars then. And change my bar guard mounts... it never ends. :roll:
Mike

'04 KDX220
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Well, those forks came in today. They look great. The seller was great to deal with, I emailed him asking if he had the wheel spacers available, and he got right back to me and sold them for $5.00. When I opened the envelope in the fork box, not only were the used ones there, but he sent a set of brand new ones too! he also sent the Race Tech install sheets, the original valves and a bunch of Race Tech stickers. His name is racertoy, so if you ever see him selling something you want, have confidence in him. Well, looks like I just need to find an '03 wheel, and some triple trees and I'll be in business.
Mike

'04 KDX220