which wheel for my KX fork

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

Hello,

I know I can mount a wheel from KX 94-98 on my KX fork ...
Complicated to find here, so I was wondering if you knew if other years will fits?

any advice is appreciated

thank you :grin:
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: which wheel for my KX fork

Post by 6 Riders »

Frenche, if you are interested, I have a very nice front wheel sitting in my garage that will fit your bike. Shipping will probably kill you though. The wheel is a "gold" dual fold rim on a stock KX hub.....my wheel builder really wants the rim, but if you like you can buy it from me.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: which wheel for my KX fork

Post by diymirage »

the only difference is the axle size right ?
so if you take any kawasaki wheel with the same hub as the one that your forks came with and install the proper bearings and spacers you should be golden
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

6 riders, Thank you very much :-) but I'm looking for an aluminum color wheel, and anyway I think shippingwill be a deal killer... So make your whell builder happy :grin:

diymirage: in the first time I thought to keep my 93 KDX front wheel and change the bearings and spacer but for this adaptation the bearing required seem to don't exist..
You're right, but the problem is : I find the OEM number (41034-1226) for the entire hub (hub, seals, bearings, spacer), I can not find a number for the naked hub, so I can't find other machines (other than 125/250 KX 93-98 500KX 94-04) using the same hub .... :-(

Here's why I asked if anyone know of other wheels / hubs compatible with a KX 94-98 fork... :wink:

edit: i see the sames hub bearings (92045-1284 ) are used on lot of kx and kxf, but what about the largest of the hub and compatibility with: have wheel centered, brake disk with good diameter, and disk at the right place in the calipper :hmm:
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)