Hello everyone, I have a fork question

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

I have a 2000 KDX 200, it has what look to be Husqy TE 250 forks on it. But I am not sure, the guy that had it before me sent them to Factory Connection and had them done up I am guessing (as to what he had done i have no idea, they have stickers all over the damn thing and even a service sticker but nothing written on it)

My question is, are Husqy forks a typical swap for this bike
here are some pictures to help
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hello everyone, I have a fork question

Post by 6 Riders »

Sweet! Almost any front end can be mounted up, if you are willing to do the work. He probably got a screaming deal on them and made 'em work. Just because there are FC stickers on there, doesn't mean that anything was ever done to them, only way to find out is to take them apart. I just dropped off a set of forks to my builder, they had someones stickers on them. The builder said that he is very surprised at how much money people pay for fork services and there is actually NOTHING done but seals and anodizing.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

i was guna rebuild but since i have no idea what they are actually i duno what kit to buy, I imagine they were sent to FC at some point because the guy raced and did all that stuff, buutttt who knows

have any tips on what i should do, how much is a rebuild anyway. im in VA so if i really wanted to spend the time I could drive them up to PA to factory connection and see what they say. someone help me
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Do you feel like they need a rebuild? Are they low on oil? Leaking? Sticking? Are they too stiff for you, too soft for you? You know the old saying, if it ain't broke......
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

well regardless since new or unknown he should atleast do a service for piece of mind.

I do see a sticker on the forks with some numbers from factory connection. Normally if you dont see that the factory connection sticker is just a sticker ordered off of ebay. BUT since I do see what it looks like is the service sticker. You simply give em a call up and give em that number and they should be able to tell you what fork they worked on and what it is exactly.

Couldn't really tell because blurry but its

first pic on top of fork almost inline with plug on frame for headlight. That should have the numbers for factory connection to crossreference for ya.

Least this is what I was told on an unknown fork setup and had factory connection stickers on it. I called and was told since no service sticker they never worked on it. Just from the service sticker and what is on it they can tell what parts are needed what was done and when and by who.

Now I don't know ifyou have worn numbers or whatnot if they will be able to help ya. But even a couple of numbers might be able to let ya know what you have for sure.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

also if you know the guys name......title or bill of sale etc. You might be able to use that as well. Atleast if in combination with some worn numbers. They might be able to look at a past bill in his name to find the fork rebuild.
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

ya I have no idea about the guy he lives in MI, I actually bout it through my friend that traded his bike for it, so tech im the 3rd owner. But I know the guy that I got it from hasnt done anything to it other than rebuild the engine
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

Julien D wrote:Do you feel like they need a rebuild? Are they low on oil? Leaking? Sticking? Are they too stiff for you, too soft for you? You know the old saying, if it ain't broke......

I blew the seal out on the right fork, so its leaking pretty good. I tried cleaning it but im pretty sure its done, I want them serviced just so I know that they are done up right. for now I think thats what I will do, that way FC can tell me what it is I have and then I will know from then on what parts I need to buy.
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

ICRage42 wrote:well regardless since new or unknown he should atleast do a service for piece of mind.

I do see a sticker on the forks with some numbers from factory connection. Normally if you dont see that the factory connection sticker is just a sticker ordered off of ebay. BUT since I do see what it looks like is the service sticker. You simply give em a call up and give em that number and they should be able to tell you what fork they worked on and what it is exactly.

Couldn't really tell because blurry but its

first pic on top of fork almost inline with plug on frame for headlight. That should have the numbers for factory connection to crossreference for ya.

Least this is what I was told on an unknown fork setup and had factory connection stickers on it. I called and was told since no service sticker they never worked on it. Just from the service sticker and what is on it they can tell what parts are needed what was done and when and by who.

Now I don't know ifyou have worn numbers or whatnot if they will be able to help ya. But even a couple of numbers might be able to let ya know what you have for sure.
ya they put a service sticker on them but didnt write down any INFO on them at all, having the same affect that I have when someone has a oil change sticker on there windshield and it doesnt have a date or milage on them
Thundergoat

Post by Thundergoat »

OK so they are Marzoochi forks, talked to FC and they said around 300-350 for a rebuild. I am going to send them to FC since they did them before and honestly im ok with paying that. They have great customer service at the store in PA so that is where i will be sending them.
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

Where is their shop at in PA?
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

yea kinda thinking this myself never knew they had one that close? well to me or gsa. If so Ill prolly send em a set of forks Im gonna throw on.
thebird_19

Post by thebird_19 »

Ephrata, PA , according to their website.