Fork oil question?

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Fork oil question?

Post by dude541 »

hey martin,
any more progress with your bike?

best regards
john
carts69
Supporting Member

Fork oil question?

Post by carts69 »

Hi ya John, Not a great deal of change from the last pics i posted, very slowly putting the front end back together, rads/handlebars/levers etc! purchasing bits n bobs for it every so often but still a long way to go, well it seems that way but once the bits go back on it won't look half as bad. Done some powder coating on some parts as i purchased a diy kit from ebay (pretty good really). Done the front caliper candy red, top yoke candy lime green etc!
Now im sure you must have completed yours by now.... oh & passed your test with flying colours :yawinkle:
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Fork oil question?

Post by dude541 »

bit strapped for cash at the moment bud!
so the test will be a while away yet.............
bike still not quite finished...............due to me doing another fork conversion!!!! just so I could fit a 320mm front brake disc on my motard wheel! hadn't even used the bike with the other forks on! :lol: but they went to a good home, Alan (cornishwrecker220) on this forum purchased my previous forks from me.

I now have some 2005 kx250f forks etc, 48mm. required knurling, top yoke shimmed, and also a spacer, modified my previous 17mm axle as both my front wheels are set up for that, kxf caliper, done a bit of test assembly today so I know what size spacers I need etc, but here is the progress so far............I just love tinkering! :grin:

best regards
john
carts69
Supporting Member

Re: Fork oil question?

Post by carts69 »

Lol, yeah you certainly do love that tinkering by the sounds of things, the pics look good & yes a different look to your previous front end project, mate i know all about cash flow issues hence my slow progress, but nothing can be done about that! Iamb hearing bike in the distance & getting itchy feet now the weather has warmed up :cry:
Good news regarding selling your previous forks, i have had several attempts selling KDX parts but now gave up! simply no interest in the UK, they will be dumped at the back of the shed & forgotten about. I will get some pics on when i get a little further (over the next few weeks), yours is looking nice mate & looking forward to seeing the completed project! Cheers for now Martin