04 KXF250 front end on 98 KDX200

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Twysted

Post by Twysted »

So I picked up a complete front end off a 04 KXF250 for my 98KDX200. So has anyone done this swap and if so what will I have to do to make it work? Can I use the KDX caliper? It has the rotor but not the caliper and I don't know if they will switch. I would be out there right now but here in Ohio it was 55 yesterday, today it's snowing with 55 mph winds so I do not feel like being out there tonight! Sucks! I bought the entire front for $275.00 so I believe I got a good deal. I hope this is easy!
Live life as it's your last day! Never hold back!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I would guess the KDX brakes should work but may need some adjustments to the mounting bracket.

From reading other peoples post you can get just about any forks on with enough work. For the most part the Kawasaki swaps seem to be pretty much the same, swap the stems, space the top clamp, and figure out what needs to be done to the steering stops if anything.

Let us know how it works out.
Twysted

Post by Twysted »

I have been doing searches on this for the last 45 minutes and it sounds like I just have to press out the stem on the KDX and press it into the the KXF front end and I am ready to go. Thanks for the info, I forgot about the steering stops. As soon as I get this done I will post some pics. Thanks again!
Twysted

Post by Twysted »

Sending out to RB Designs Monday morning to get it ready to go. It's coming together!
KDXjack
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDXjack »

I'm getting ready to do this swap. I'm curious how yours turned out. Can you give me an update?