1999 kx 125 forks re valve

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Pjbbikeman

1999 kx 125 forks re valve

Post by Pjbbikeman »

HI, I have recently converted my forks on 01 kdx200 with 99 kx 125 forks and it works pretty well but I am getting quit a bit of deflection the forks are stock and the compression is all the way out and I have the forks as far up as I can get them in the triple clamp . I am looking to re valve them and shorten them so I can keep stock geometry can any one tell me the shim config for this and should the bladders be removed? Also Can anyone tell me how to shorten the stroke to match the length of the kdx forks. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Have you taken the forks apart to see if they have been modified? You really need to know what you have in there before you can start determining what shim changes to make.

Yes - on removing the bladders.

You can use spacers to non-permanently shorten the forks. I just finished shortening a 2nd pair of forks permanently - I cut components down.

I'd suggest searching in this forum for ideas of what others have down. You also should be able to get shim stacks over on TT (when I was researching revalves for my '04 forks, I came across a lot of info on the '99's).