Brakeline clamps

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I got one of those Inda. It's sitting in my garage right now. It came with my SS braided brake line.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Why didn't you use it?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Inda:

Where'd you get that info? Their website does show a brakeline clamp, but it looks nothing like the one in the pic. The website clamp looks to be a better setup (sez me) cuz it spaces/holds the line off the fork guard as opposed to holding it tight to the guard.

The part number is close: RX-BLC00-BA??

That number comes from a 'Motocross' (MX?) search.
Inda wrote:MX-BLC00-BA BLACK $29.95
MX-BLC00-RA RED $29.95
They have some nice damper/guard mount setups!

I picked up my Yamaha clamp last week..need to fashion something to bolt it onto...something along what Ski did for his.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sorry...I missed the page numbers at the bottom of the screen...just off the edge of the display.

Thanks, Inda.

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Inda:
Like CC pointed out, the clamp holds the brake line flat to the fork guard. Our guards are curved out at the top and so this clamp won't work. Check my photos for a detail on how I mounted my clamp. Now, the fact is, the pretty clamp will work on my mount because I put it as a stand-off. It doesn't work any better, just a pretty anodized red. RED???? If it were green then that would be cool.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol: Yeah BUT The guards don't have to be pointed out at the top! AND I would feel better that it isn't out there but closer to the guard so something doesn't snap it off..... :wink:

BTW...they come in black too!

http://www.ride-engineering.com/product ... X-BLC00-BA

I'll take the one you have off your hands there Ski! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Inda: you can get guards that aren't pointed at the top, but they also have to match the bolt pattern at the bottom so you can mount them to the fork legs. Do you know of any like that? I REALLY like my carbon fiber guards. Without the guide, (you CAN'T use a guide with the CR style brake line you do realize?) the stock plastic fork guards are too wimpy on their own, IMO.

You want it? It's yours. Send me your address and I'll mail it off.

Just checked those links; $29.95?!?!?!? They have to be joking. Wait until you see it. I'd say $10 was robbery. Good thing you are getting it for free!!!!

Remember; the clamp will not work with KX routed brake line and the fork guard's guide in place. It is for a CR syle of brake line routing.
Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I used the wimpy stock guards without the guides in place (CR style) and it seems fairly sturdy. It is only a temporary measure until I can afford to get the stiffer guards or something similar. The problem is finding stuff like that over here. :evil: I beefed the mounting up abit with a few bigger washers also.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

skipro3 wrote:Inda: you can get guards that aren't pointed at the top, but they also have to match the bolt pattern at the bottom so you can mount them to the fork legs. Do you know of any like that? I REALLY like my carbon fiber guards. Without the guide, (you CAN'T use a guide with the CR style brake line you do realize?) the stock plastic fork guards are too wimpy on their own, IMO.

You want it? It's yours. Send me your address and I'll mail it off.

Just checked those links; $29.95?!?!?!? They have to be joking. Wait until you see it. I'd say $10 was robbery. Good thing you are getting it for free!!!!

Remember; the clamp will not work with KX routed brake line and the fork guard's guide in place. It is for a CR syle of brake line routing.
If you remember there Skiman, I first had them mounted CR style before it was "in fashion"!

LOOK CLOSE!

I don't have to "get" any guards... mine are rock solid AND completely customizable! Just ask my grinder! Mine aren't "Stock" but aftermarket and every bit as thick and durable as the new OEM's without the guide.

It never hurts to have a plan "B"! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Actually, I am going to keep what I have.
I like having the guides, I'm not always going forward.... they help with that to keep them there! I don't have any hardware mounted to where trees can get to it.

And the guard on the bottom is very, very thick! It would take a lot to get through that to crush my line.... besides, the way it is routed, there is "fork stock" to protect it.

I was just trying to give some alternatives.... thanks for the offer Ski... but I would rather someone have it that plans on using it! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Nice kick rock. :mrgreen:

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I carry it under my seat! :cool:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

O.K. Inda, it's here if you want it unless CC wants it. CC: check the link to the site earlier. It's the red one, and I'll hang onto it until we meet up again or drop it in the mail tomorrow if you like.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Thanks Ski... I really do appreciate the offer!
I've got the advantage of having both setups available to me... for now I will stick with the KX. :wink:

One thing I would like to ask though.... Why didn't you or CC use the KDX line clamp with your bracket?

Looks like it would work fine!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I think Ski's one is, just a custom bracket to fit it to. Not 100% sure though. I'm probably going to have to use the KDX one and make a mounting bracket for it so I can replace the zip ties that are holding it now....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I didn't get the KX bracket with my forks...so I had to come up with something. The preformed curve to the Yamaha piece suits me much more than a straight (KDX oem style) piece.

I still need a bracket..will use something similar to what Ski used.

My guards are simply plastic..don't know how they'll hold up with the fork guard guide off. Probably use my plastics for practice...pickup a carbon fiber set ater I get it sorted out.

They'll look good with the black seal-savers. Heck...the plastic ones do already!

Consider the source