KX125 shock springs

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
ditton

KX125 shock springs

Post by ditton »

Hello again.
Just to update, I have now purchased a full front end from an 03 KX125..just waiting for it to arrive. Once weather warms up, off to RB for the clamp/stem swop, front KDX axle mod.
In the meantime I was thinking of having the seals re-done on the KX forks just as preventative maint. so it is not down during riding season.
I noticed on the Race Tech site they note the stock spring is 0.43 and when calculated for my weight is 0.44.
Would it be worth changing over the to the spring for my weight or would I not notice the difference? I have read some posts that the KX forks seem a little stiff for trails, so my thinking is just to leave as is with the stock springs.
Any thoughts?
BTW, I already have the 0.44 springs....picked up at a garage sale. Got springs, a rear shock, pro-taper bars/pad, RM125 front/rear fender, bunch of assorted clutch levers, helmet......all new in bags/boxes for $75....couple of kids who didn't ride much anymore and just wanted to clear out stuff.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

If you have the springs put them in. What do you weigh?
ditton

Post by ditton »

185lb.....fully loaded with biking gear.....give or take.
Just wondering if it would become too stiff for trail riding as some people have noted in some other posts.
Thanks
Ditton
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The .43's will be more than stiff enough.... I have 03 KX125 forks and they come with .42's.... Plenty stiff for me when I was 220#.... I am 185 now....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ditton

Post by ditton »

Thanks for the reply Inda.
I will try them as is.....but that won't be for a few months when the snow melts.
Planning to give the bike a good going over in the spring as I doubt too much was done by previous owner. Planning on fork conversion (awaiting them to get here) lower linkage and swingarm bearings and a new top end/clean kips.

Thanks
Ditton