Fork Bleeders

A service reference
Dr. Green

Fork Bleeders

Post by Dr. Green »

Does anyone know what push button fork bleeders will fit the stock 2002 KDX forks?
Dr. Green and The Green Machine:

Frisbee Mod; UNI Filter; FMF REV Pipe (WOW!); V-Force 3 Reed Valve.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Same as will fit a 1997-2005 KYB The tusk ones from RMATV or the cycle gear house brand both fit.
thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

I dig the System Tech Racing ones..... Super low profile:

http://www.systemtechracing.com/category_s/2.htm

(Scroll Down)

James
Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

I did some research and ended up ordering the STRs. Sounds like they are a quality product. Thanks again.

Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I run the tusk ones. Cheap, and have served me great so far!
'00 KDX 220R
Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

I looked at the Tusk brand before I ordered and definitely like the price better. But, I like the lower profile of the STRs better because I run my bar mounts reverse to get more room. I was concerned that with the flexible bar mounts and the tall 7/8 height, that they could contact each other in a crash. It's a long way back to truck (10+ miles), so I'm trying to make things as durable and functional as possible. There might not be anything to worry about, but it is roughly at an inch between the bars and stock bleed screws right now. So to me 1/8 is a little too close for comfort. It's really hard to tell exactly how much space I would have without actually mounting them. I do plan on carrying the stock bleed screws just incase.
If I have any problems, I will post the results for others. Thanks for the input.
Last edited by Dr. Green on 04:22 pm Aug 15 2010, edited 1 time in total.

thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

Good call.... Plus if you ever pull your fork legs up you will enjoy having the extra room.

James
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

>|<>QBB<
Dr. Green wrote:I do plan on carrying the stock bleed screws just incase.
If you are trying to be prepared for one breaking off then you should probably carry a small EZ out as well.

I think your probably worring over nothing. It would be a freak thing for one to break off, and even if it did you would have no problem limping it to the truck.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have had bleeders on my bike for a very long time... they basically have no purpose for me. I pop them and there is never any reason too...

Waste of money for me...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

>|<>QBB<
skythrasher wrote:>|<>QBB<
Dr. Green wrote:I do plan on carrying the stock bleed screws just incase.
If you are trying to be prepared for one breaking off then you should probably carry a small EZ out as well.

I think your probably worring over nothing. It would be a freak thing for one to break off, and even if it did you would have no problem limping it to the truck.
I didn't explain myself very well. I'm not worried about the short version breaking off, but I have read of them failing.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archiv ... 64388.html

I would prefer to just relace a leaking one and not ruin a whole day of riding. The only leagal place to ride here is 1 1/2 hours away.

Dr. Green

Post by Dr. Green »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I have had bleeders on my bike for a very long time... they basically have no purpose for me. I pop them and there is never any reason too...

Waste of money for me...
I like the idea of releasing the pressure when tied down in the back of the truck. My CR250 seals blew out while being tied down in the truck, what a wasted day that turned out to be. Now I have a T-Brace that I made to put between the skid-plate and the truck bed, so the suspension will only compress so far.