Anyone revalve a kdx shock?

A service reference
Acmesalute76

Anyone revalve a kdx shock?

Post by Acmesalute76 »

I have a 2004 kdx 220. I know the forks don't have shim stacks and there's not much that can be done with the stock components, but I'd like to revalve the shock. Anyone know what kind of stack to put in there? I'm 180lbs, fast C class harescrambler, riding rough new england terrain: rocks, roots, tight single track. I'm looking to get a lot more plushness.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You will probably need to take it to a tuner. I don't know of anyone who has done it on this site.

Have you messed with the clickers at all?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Acmesalute76

Post by Acmesalute76 »

I currently have the front and rear compression clickers all the way out. I can't remember where the rear rebound is set, a few clicks in from stock I believe. This setup works the best for me. I also have .38 fork springs. I still crave more plushness though. I'd like to be able to fly through rocks and not get bounced all over the place.
thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

I just bought a rear shock Gold Valve on Ebay for $55, and sent it to my shock builder with a bottle of suspension fluid. He rebuilt it for $30.

Let me know if you need more info.

James