crappy linkage

A service reference
Ondatrail

crappy linkage

Post by Ondatrail »

Where I ride we go through muddy swamps every day. Because of this mud my linkage gets crapped up pretty quick. I greased my linkage and noticed that one of the pins in the bearings were missing. I wanted to know which linkage bearing kit you guys think has the most bang for the buck. I was thinking of putting grease nipples on the linkage too so I could keep it lubricated, has any one done this? Thanks
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

IMO this is in the wrong forum :wink:
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

SUSPENSION linkage? I don't think so.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Just looked on Bike Bandit and it looks like one bearing costs around 10 bucks. I'll just change out the one that is broken. But has anyone tried the grease nipples?
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I think there was a thread here for ceramic bearings with a warranty. I cann't remember who makes them maybe CC or INDA will be around here soon and may know more about it. I would replace everything while you have it apart. replacing 1 bearing usually means replacing the other down the line sooner or later, most replace them in sets.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

ordered a new linkage bearing set should be getting it some time this week
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

:doh: :doh: I was cleaning the linkage and the bearing that is between the linkage and the rear shock and it fell apart. :doh: The $70 Pivot Works bearing kit I bought Doesn't have this bearing :roll: so I had to buy a $20 kit from All Balls. Looking at their $80 linkage kit I noticed It included the $20 kit I just had to buy :doh: :doh:. KDX Rider lesson of the day: check to see why something is more expensive
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

So you're out $10. Big whoop. It's probably my fault anyway, I onlt greaded & cleaned that linkage 2X in the 15 moths I owned it...
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:So you're out $10. Big whoop. It's probably my fault anyway, I onlt greaded & cleaned that linkage 2X in the 15 moths I owned it...
If it's all your fault then give me $10 and well call it even :wink: