kdx200 shock

A service reference
raybe

kdx200 shock

Post by raybe »

hi everyone im new here,i got a kdx200 last summer,and stripped it down,to rebuild,ive put cagiva mito 125 wheels on it,and done lots of other stuff,is only going on the road,what i want to know is,has anyone fitted a different rear shock,??? maybe a ktm or something ,even if it will make the bike a little lower,i dont mind,shock standard is about 440 eye to eye,maybe a 420 or anything that has worked on road or off,,many thanks.
Last edited by raybe on 09:03 am May 09 2012, edited 1 time in total.
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

What exactly are you looking for in a rear shock? Are you trying to lower the bike?
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

Somebody used a showa unit off an RM and liked how it worked. He had to have a shop shorten the travel, though. Search through here and you should find the post.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

Why not throw lower links along with the longer shock?
raybe

Post by raybe »

hi well first off the standard shock i have,needs service,and i think its a little to high,,so a little shorter is prob better for me,the bike is now lower with the wheels,but it wont be jumping or anything,,so just firm and good for road i guess,im also not putting it on any tracks,,,so just road use fun bike.

i have seen some ktm duke ones,that are a little shorter than standard,looks like might fit,also drz but there longer,than standard,,so yeh if a suzuki will fit ok,, lower links will prob be best,???..any info where i can get some links,many thanks.
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

Could try drz400 SM forks/shock, that would be great for road use and it should lower it a bit. Shock looks real close as well.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

kdx200 shock

Post by kawagumby »

Just for the info...if you want a shorter shock, racetech sells plastic spacers that can be placed on the shock shaft within the shock body. The more spacers, the shorter the travel. It would be easy to make your own aluminum spacers or plastic too. When you get a shock serviced, they (or you, if you're into diy) can easily place the spacer(s) inside while doing the work. That way you'll have a shortened shock that will fit properly, doesn't cost a lot, and can be set back to the original length with a simple tear-down.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
raybe

Re: kdx200 shock

Post by raybe »

all sorted managed to fit a ktm shock and is looking ok..cheers.