1993 kdx fork seals

A service reference
greenpickle

1993 kdx fork seals

Post by greenpickle »

Hey guys! I need help with fork seals. I bought wipes and dust seal from moose racing, took out the big nut on top of the forks, got out the spring, then there was a nut on the top of the inner tube which i got off, but still cant get them to seperate to change the seals. am I somhow screwing up? got this thing spread all over the garage, and need to fix her, shes bleedin oil on the floor! I'm gettin killed on this thing, could someone explain in simple terms how to get them apart? Do I need a special tool at all? Appreciate any help out there!
Always looking for 1993 KDX 250 parts!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Nope. pull out the dust seal, and look up in there. There's a wire snap ring looking thing on top of the seal. Take that out with a flat screwdriver, then give the inner fork tube a yank as if it were a slide hammer. The whole lower fork tube will come out. Check that the bushings and all are good, and re-assemble in reverse.
greenpickle

Post by greenpickle »

Hey, thanks alot! I appreciate the help, got them apart. The bushings are bad though, so I got them ordered. Do I need a special tool or is there a trick to getting the bushings and seals back together? Thanks!!
Always looking for 1993 KDX 250 parts!